Tax Bill Amount - How is my tax bill calculated?Download PDF
We protect your bottom line
You work hard to earn a profit and property taxes affect your bottom line. It’s important for you to know your taxes are as low as possible every year and it’s our job to help you achieve that objective.
To accomplish this goal, we have assembled a team of experienced attorneys and valuation professionals. This combination of legal and valuation expertise allows us to review your assessment from multiple points of view to find the most compelling reasons why it should be lowered. Our attorneys then aggressively contest your assessment before the assessing officials and exhaust all appropriate levels of appeal.
To support our team, we have developed and fine-tuned systems, technology and procedures to make sure all cases are handled efficiently and effectively every day. These tools enable our team to spend time thinking about your appeal and formulating strategies to lower your taxes rather than spending time shuffling through paperwork.
As a client of Elliott & Associates, you can rest assured we’ve got you covered.
Commercial Property Owners RESOURCE CENTER
Tax Bill & Tax Savings
Rising Tax Bill - Why does my tax bill continue to rise year after year?Download PDF
Tax Bill Payment – Appeal Pending - Elliott & Associates is pursuing an appeal for me. Should I pay my tax bill?Download PDF
Tax Bill Impact – Successful Appeal - If you file an appeal and reduce my assessment, will my tax bill be less than last year?Download PDF
Tax Bill Higher – Assessment Lowered - You filed an appeal on my property and the assessment was reduced, but my tax bill is higher than last year. Where are the savings?Download PDF
Assessment Process - Cook County
Cook County Assessment Process - In Cook County, how does the re-assessment process work?Download PDF
Cook County Duration of Process - In Cook County, how long does the tax appeal process take?Download PDF
Assessment Process - Collar Counties
Collar Counties Assessment Process - Outside of Cook County - How does the re-assessment process work?Download PDF
Collar Counties Duration of Process - Outside of Cook County, how long does the tax appeal process take?Download PDF
Appraisals - Do I need to purchase an appraisal?Download PDF
PTAB v. Court - When should I appeal to PTAB or Court?Download PDF
PTAB Duration - Why do PTAB appeals take so long and what can Elliott & Associates do to speed up the process?Download PDF
One-Year Reduction - Why did I obtain a one-year only assessment reduction?Download PDF
Cook County Tax Incentives - How do the Cook County tax incentives work?Download PDF
- Do you own property that is receiving the benefit of a Cook County property tax incentive classification?
- 2018 Chicago Reassessment: What can you expect?
- Emerging Lawyers Magazine
- 2016 Tax Bills Coming Soon: Here’s What You Can Expect
- Real Estate Edition of Leading Lawyers Magazine
- IAAO 37th Annual Legal Seminar
- 2015 2nd Installment Tax Bills: What will yours look like and why?
- Non Cook: FAQ’s regarding commercial & industrial property tax appeals
- Non-Cook: Estimated 2016 Township Factors
- What is the Cook County Equalizer for 2015?
- 2016 Newsletter : Technology, transparency, and property taxes.
- IAAO Presents : Recent Developments in Real Property Taxation
- Expanded Tax Incentives for Commercial and Industrial Cook County Properties
- 2014 County Tax Bills Released
- 2014 2nd Installment Tax Bills: What will yours look like and why?
- ATG Seminar: Commercial Real Estate Taxation Issues
- 2015 Newsletter : Now, more than ever, it is important to hire an attorney to contest your taxes.
- County Website Links